Established in 1955, The Harp Irish Pub was located at 933 North Broadway. In 1965, due to urban redevelopment, the owner and operator Josephine Dolan relocated to 113 East Juneau Avenue.
Its current location has housed taverns since the 1860s. Taverns such as The Merry Gardens, The Blue Room Tap, The Melzer & Cole Tavern, and, after World War II, The Taxi Inn, have all called this location home.
Over the years, amenities were added such as the legendary deck overlooking the Milwaukee River which has made it a Milwaukee favorite.